Sunday 13 April 2014

who knows...



here's the plan: each day of the omer I draw grains of barley that correspond to that day, and play about with the meanings of that number and shapes they make. eg on the 3rd day, I'll draw 3 grains of barley, that will give me a triangle. and list the three's that pop up in torah - 3 day journeys, 3 fathers, no. of meals on shabbat etc.

it will probably get a little daft with some of the numbers, and arbitrary. Like the other omer counting drawings of previous years, I have no idea how this will go or what it will reveal. I certainly don't have the time to do this, I struggle keeping up with the daf yomi drawings. But it is an idea that won't leave me alone and I just want to explore this. I have long been fascinated with geometry and the poetry of the numbers in Torah. 

so: who knows one? the omer count begins tuesday night 15th april 2014. hopefully I will be able to cue up this first drawing to post that night. if not I'll post it and day 2 on wed eve. no promises to be able to go all the way through the omer this year, let's see...

No comments:

Post a Comment